Experienced Dram Shop Liability Attorneys

Accidents happen every day, but some car crashes are preventable. When people have been drinking and decide to get behind the wheel, they pose a threat not only to themselves, but also to everyone else on the road. If an intoxicated driver causes an accident, he or she should be held responsible. If the driver was drinking at an establishment that serves alcohol, the restaurant or bar may also be held accountable. At Ainsman Levine, LLC, we pursue damages on behalf of accident victims.

Understanding How To Determine Intoxication

Pennsylvania dram shop laws are in place to hold any establishment or licensed individual accountable when it serves alcohol to a visibly intoxicated person. Bars, restaurants and private events must all adhere to the rules and regulations set forth by these laws.

An individual can be considered visibly intoxicated if he or she displays the following signs:

  • Slurred speech
  • Glassy or bloodshot eyes
  • Poor coordination, stumbling, slipping or falling
  • Incoherent speech or difficulty completing sentences
  • Delayed reaction time
  • Impaired judgment
  • Mood swings and noticeable changes in behavior

While dram shop liability is typically attributed to drunk driving cases, other accidents may apply. If an intoxicated individual starts a fight that results in an injury or suffers an injury due to slipping and falling, establishments and people serving alcohol can be held responsible. Overserving an individual can have severe repercussions, and those serving alcohol should always be watching for warning signs.

Advocating For Justice, Accountability And Compensation

Intoxication can cause serious, catastrophic injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured, we will fight for compensation to cover your medical bills, loss of income, prescriptions and emotional damages. Contact us today. If your injuries prevent you from travel, our attorneys will come to you. Call our Pittsburgh personal injury lawyers today at 412-338-9030 or toll-free at 800-513-5065.