- Personal Injury 75%
- Insurance Coverage 10%
- Nursing Home Negligence 15%
Erin K. Rudert is a Partner at the Pittsburgh law office of Ainsman Levine, LLC. Ms. Rudert joined the highly respected law firm in 2014, and she focuses her practice on representing the interests of plaintiffs in personal injury cases. Victims of negligence in Pittsburgh and surrounding western Pennsylvania have learned to rely on Ms. Rudert for guidance and support as they seek compensation for their injuries.
Ms. Rudert began her legal career in 2005 after earning her Juris Doctor cum laude from University of Pittsburgh School of Law and her approval to practice law in the Commonwealth. Ms. Rudert is admitted to practice before all Pennsylvania state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Before joining Ainsman Levine, LLC, Ms. Rudert spent nearly 10 years earning valuable experience working for two other large Pittsburgh-area law firms. During that time, the legal community recognized her for her abilities both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. Since joining her current firm, attorney Rudert has continued to distinguish herself in the eyes of her peers and her clients, as evidenced by her “Superb” Avvo rating.
Ms. Rudert is an active member of the legal community and her local community. She is a regular presenter at legal functions, and she is a member of a number of organizations, which include the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Associate and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice. She is the President-Elect of WPTLA and is the Editor of the organization’s quarterly legal publication, The Advocate. In addition, she is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is a prestigious organization in which less than 1 percent of all American attorneys are eligible for membership. She has been voted by her peers as a “Rising Star” for 2010-2013 and has been voted as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer for 2014-2022. In 2016, she was recognized as one of the Top 50 Female Attorneys in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In 2018, she was nominated and selected for membership in the National Association of Personal Injury Attorneys, being named as one of the Top 10 personal injury attorneys in Pennsylvania under the age of 40.
Ms. Rudert is also a member of the Amicus Curiae Committee of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice. The PAJ Amicus Curiae Committee provides briefs on legal issues to the Pennsylvania Superior, Commonwealth, and Supreme Courts, and to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court regarding issues that affect the rights of injured individuals to obtain fair and equal access to justice in the state and federal civil court systems in Pennsylvania. Ms. Rudert was counsel of record in the seminal case of Bumbarger v. Peerless and worked with the Amicus Committee to expand the rights of injured victims to obtain compensation through their own insurance carrier is certain circumstances. Ms. Rudert wrote the amicus brief in the case of Graham v. Check, which changed how the courts in Pennsylvania are to apply the sudden emergency doctrine as a defense to negligence.
Ms. Rudert currently makes her home in McCandless Township. She is an avid ice hockey player, volleyball player, yarn crafter, and animal enthusiast.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Outstanding Community Service Award
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio
- Bachelor’s Degree – 2002
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Pennsylvania, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Pennsylvania Rising Stars®
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer®
- Top 50 Female Attorneys in Pittsburgh
- Top 10 Under 40 – Pennsylvania Personal Injury Attorneys
Classes & Seminars
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America Presentations
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Fundamentals of Civil Practice and Procedure
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Bar Institute – Tips and Strategies for Handling Auto Accident Cases
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Association for Justice – Governmental Immunity
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Pennsylvania Association for Justice – Investigating Tractor-Trailer Collisions
- Law Student Mentor, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Participant, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- President’s Challenge 5K Walk/Run to benefit the Pittsburgh Steelwheelers
- Member, Pittsburgh Piranhas Hockey Team
- WPTLA – Operation Better Block, 2017 to Present
- Articles Editor of the Pittsburgh Tax Review
- Edgar Snyder & Associates, Law Clerk & Attorney, 2004 to 2014
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum , Member
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, Scholarship Committee, and Editor of “The Advocate” quarterly newsletter
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- National Association of Personal Injury Attorneys, Member, 2018 to Present
Current Employment Position